If you have received a letter from the Seward County Pretrial Diversion Office regarding an insufficient funds check written in Seward County, you may be in violation of Nebraska Insufficient Funds State Law. You must submit payment within ten (10) days from the date of your letter or be subject to possible criminal prosecution. A criminal complaint will NOT be filed in this matter if FULL restitution and statutory fees are paid within ten (10) days from the date on the letter.
Steps to Comply with SCPD Insufficient Funds Program
- Full payment must be in the form of cash or money order made payable to the business and submitted to the Seward County Pretrial Diversion Office.
- Personal checks will not be accepted for payment.
- Do not send cash through the mail.
- Do not contact the business or person where you passed your check(s) as they cannot accept payment once the check(s) have been submitted to the Seward County Attorney for prosecution.
Failure to Comply
Failure to pay all checks and fees in full within ten days(10) days may result in:
- having to attend a six-hour money management course
- criminal prosecution in which a warrant can be issued for your arrest
**Partial payment does NOT prevent you from having to take the class.
**Please note that all returned checks must stay in our files by law and CANNOT be returned to you.
SCPD Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Contact the SCPD Program Director
Our complete contact information including our address and directions is located on the About Us page.